Is your computer running more like a tortoise than a hare? You may need to clear the cache in your Chrome browser! Did you know that each time you visit a website, your browser stores information to help load that site more quickly the next time you visit it? That sounds great, right?! Only for a while… When web developers update their sites, your browser still uses the stored information, instead of the updates, to run sites you’ve visited before, causing issues with certain displays or processing speed. Clearing the cache every once in a while will make sure that saved information is up to date. Watch the quick video, or follow the steps below to find out how to clear the cache.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the three dots.
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cached images and files," check the box.
- Click Clear data.