If you've ever had to get a lot of people to the same website quickly you may have noticed that typing URLs can be tremendously taxing especially if the site has an address longer than an Alaskan winter! A great way to avoid spreading the alphabetic vomit that is those nasty-long URLs is to use a URL shortener. Here's how to do it:
1. Copy the URL from the site you are trying to get people to access.
2. Go to tinyurl.com.
3. Paste the link in the box under 'Enter a long URL to make tiny:'
4. You can just click the 'Make TinyURL!' button, which will assign a URL to you, or...
5. You can create a custom alias with any word or phrase you would like after the tinyurl.com
6. Click 'Make TinyURL!' and you've got yourself a link anyone can type into their browser!